Why Blog?

My photo
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
I Live Life w/ No Regrets ... Everything I do has a Purpose and is a result of My Decision to do so. This YOLO mentality makes life a little more enjoyable. Tune in and stay Updated, I think you'll enjoy the Movie-Like Blog Experience. O Yea ... YOLO = You Only Live Once


More than just a NUMBER …

In my LIFE I have worn the Football Numbers:

MAB: # 80, # 9 … Little Quakers: # 32 … CHA: # 47, # 21, # 2 … Cornell: # 23, # 2

In the END I have chosen the # 2 for a number of reasons and not simply because it’s COOL! It’s a little bit deeper then that! …

The ONLY Greats in Society aka # 1’s in Today’s Society that I can think of are: Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, and Tim Tebow ... Among a few others …

But I pose this statement to say that these individuals are elite in each of there respective sports that they represent and yet and still they are only likely to hold the # 1 spot in these sports for a limited time period. Like all of the Clichés 1 REALLY is the LONELIEST Number in a lot of instances and in sports it’s no different. When you’re the BEST people LOVE you, they HATE you, it’s hard to depict who are friends from those who are enemies. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying I’m afraid to be the BEST but I’ve learned that until you reach a particular point in your career when you seemingly go into auto pilot and you are virtually unstoppable being the BEST isn’t even an option. It takes a certain mentality that I am still learning to understand and I know that through my competitive nature I plan to take full advantage to realize the difference between the BEST and the REST.

No matter what you’d like to believe while your out with your Mom for a Sunday Brunch or a nice dinner with that significant other someone else in your sport one of your competitors is getting better. I have told myself this and this reality serves as motivation when you’re away from school, when you wake up sore and think that you might need to rest or take a day off. I think the biggest key to being successful is as individuals and a human society WE FEEL SORRY for ourselves ENTIRELY TOO MUCH! I believe this is the way we are genetically designed, pain is not supposed to be enjoyed nor should it be endured therefore we tend to shutdown and make the seemingly logical decision until we are no longer uncomfortable.

I am my mother’s 2nd child … Giving me the unofficial title of # 2. I am more athletic than my older brother, taller, but not smarter. At the same time I am more athletic than my younger brother, slower, shorter, and less smart ☺. It’s interesting how things work. Although I am the # 2 child of my Mom’s Children I created my competitive nature through my total collective contributions of my 8 brothers.

Every year wherever you are you enter a season and you know exactly who number 1 is not because you actually care but internally your saying “With the audacity to wear # 1 that kid better be good and sure enough that person usual is good at least relative to his teammates!” It’s like a societal standard to make the # 1 one of your best players if not the best player, but I hate being Normal or fitting in with the Status QUO! Be Uncommon!

I Love the fact that I wear the # 2 … It is a constant reminder that I’m not the BEST nor am I # 1 … This constant reminder drives me to be the BEST in everything I do … Even me and my two brothers on my Mom’s side compete to be the # 1 son, we never can officially say who it is but I know when is boils down to it Momma always picks ME! ☺

Wearing the # 2 keeps me on the right path to better my life and I believe EVERYONE should have some type of medium that keeps them focused in LIFE … Because it’s how WE as individuals handle the little things that will determine how the BIG Picture ill unfold for us ALL! You have One, NOT TWO Lives to Live, so MAKE this ONE Worthwhile!

Thanks for TUNING in Rashad Campbell # 2 is Signing Off!

2 comments:

  1. Now that was frickin awesome... And I am not saying that because you are lil bro. You got a gift homie, just wanted to let you know I am a fan...

    ReplyDelete