Why Blog?

My photo
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
I Live Life w/ No Regrets ... Everything I do has a Purpose and is a result of My Decision to do so. This YOLO mentality makes life a little more enjoyable. Tune in and stay Updated, I think you'll enjoy the Movie-Like Blog Experience. O Yea ... YOLO = You Only Live Once

The World Cup: Is it Soccer or Futbol?

I was fortunate enough to be born a natural athlete. Around age 7 my parents finally agreed that it was fitting to put my athletic abilities to use. The first sport that I played and fell in love with was soccer.

I was fast, energetic, and angry. Angry in a sense to say that I thought kicking the slop out of something as a 7 year old was very entertaining. Back then I loved soccer and soccer loved me back, I was a quick learner and by age 8 I managed to make the traveling team.

Soccer is a "Man's Sport" for lack of a better term. Even though I have left the game and currently play Football I have a lot of respect for people that play it b/c I know what it takes to be successful and understand the difficulty.

Without my roots in soccer I wouldn't be the Football player I am today. I'm grateful for what the game has taught me and the World Cup has put things into perspective for me and it seems like a fitting time to reflect.


The World Cup is the Largest Sporting Event in the World and holds more significance to most nations than the Olympics b/c Soccer is so popular nations believe its a better medium then the various competitions represented at the Olympics and everything rides on this single Tournament, where Soccer is at center stage.

I'm excited for this year's World Cup and am rooting for TEAM USA all the WAY!

Soccer paved the way for my athletic career, without Futbol I wouldn't be the Football player I am Today!

USA plays England Today @ 1:30 Tune in and Enjoy

... Until Next Time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment