Why Blog?

My photo
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
I Live Life w/ No Regrets ... Everything I do has a Purpose and is a result of My Decision to do so. This YOLO mentality makes life a little more enjoyable. Tune in and stay Updated, I think you'll enjoy the Movie-Like Blog Experience. O Yea ... YOLO = You Only Live Once

Camp Brings out the BEST in People ... Brandon Bing

Took this from BZ ... But this STORY must be TOLD! ...



In Life you can often be defined by the people you surround yourself with. To this day I have made a conscious effort of associating with people that live purpose driven lives and also that serve as a positive influence in some aspect to my life ... The picture above is of the 10th most influential person in my life "Brandon Bing." He continues to motivate me even though we haven't spoken it couple of days. COMPETITION is one of the BEST qualities LIFE has to OFFER. Brandon's story is inspiring and a developing one that I hope you all stay tuned because I know that in the END Bing will Be Successful! "It's in Our Blood!" ...

Entire Article:

It's rare that Brandon Bing hears footsteps -- he was the Pennsylvania state champion in the 200 and 400 meters in high school -- so it's not surprising when he says he doesn't hear them now, despite a freshman class at Rutgers that features three highly-touted cornerbacks.

That happens to be the position that Bing, a junior, plays as well.

But the 5-11, 180-pounder is applying the same Satchel Paige rule in his bid to become a first-time starter as he once did in track: Don't look back to see if anyone is gaining on you.

This is a big opportunity year for Bing, and he knows it. Devin McCourty is locked in as one starter at corner. But with Jason McCourty, last year's other cornerback starter, now with the Tennessee Titans, Bing knows there's a position up for grabs.

"This is the opportunity I've been waiting for and I'm trying to take advantage of it," Bing said after Rutgers wrapped up day five of preseason camp Saturday. "I know the opportunity is there now and if there's an opportunity you've got to do your best to get that spot.

"The opportunity was not there the past few years. Now that it's there you've got to push forward and separate from the pack."

Bing, from Wyncote, Pa., hasn't quite done that yet, since he's battling Billy Anderson and redshirt freshman Brandon Jones for the open corner spot.

But the difference in Bing's approach and focus is hard to ignore. After playing in parts of 23 games his first two years, his early play has been starter-worthy.

The trio of hotshot true freshmen -- Darrell Givens, Logan Ryan and Abdul Smith -- can't make the same claim just yet.

"What Bing has done so far, five practices in, is he has been consistent," head coach Greg Schiano said. "He's always been able to make spectacular plays, but then he gives up gimmes.
"Five days into it, he has been very consistent."

Bing said that being out of the shadow of at least one of the McCourtys -- and knowing his time in college is running out -- has given him the motivation he needed.

"Last year I was following the McCourtys and one of them left," he said. "I'm still following Devin because he's such a great player and great leader, but I'm also trying to be my own player now.

"Devin has talked to me and (cornerbacks coach coach Chris) Hewitt has taken me on the side and they've both said they needed me this year. My biggest thing is to be prepared and to be consistent."

To this point in his career, with the exception of an interception against Louisville last year and six tackles against Cincinnati two seasons ago, Bing has made his most lasting impression at Rutgers with his feet.

He's fast. Very fast.

But it has taken this long for him to understand that speed alone, exceptional as his is, isn't enough.

"You have to go beyond that," he said. "You can be a fast guy and not be a football player. You've got to do other things in football that can out-shine fast. You've got to make plays.
"This is football, not track and field. I know track and field. In football you've got to do a lot more."

So far he has, putting himself in a position where a good first scrimmage on Tuesday could be enough to elevate him to first-team corner opposite McCourty. For depth chart purposes now, Anderson is holding that spot.

But, as Bing knows, it's just five days in.

"I don't want to jump the gun," he said. "I just want to continue to focus on the now. I don't want to worry about the sixth day or the seventh day. I don't want to think about the future. I don't even want to think about the results.

"I'm just worried about right now and what I need to do to get on the field and help this team."
Bing is noticeably bigger than he was the past two years, which won't hurt his cause. More significant, that added bulk and muscle haven't taken away from what remains his biggest asset.

"I haven't slowed down," he said.


Camp in the Morning so I'll Talk to yall LATER! ...

Shad Shaddy # 2 Is OUT!

Till NEXT TIME ...

2 comments:

  1. ok now dont let me down i gonna follow you here and on the field

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll Be Starting this WEEK! There game is Tomorrow Night Monday the 7th ... So Tune In ...

    ReplyDelete