Why Blog?

My photo
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
I Live Life w/ No Regrets ... Everything I do has a Purpose and is a result of My Decision to do so. This YOLO mentality makes life a little more enjoyable. Tune in and stay Updated, I think you'll enjoy the Movie-Like Blog Experience. O Yea ... YOLO = You Only Live Once

The Series: Top 10 People to Influence My LIFE! ... # 10



Brandon Bing # 10

aka

The Fastest Person I Know!

How's does Bing influence Rashad Campbell, well when your a competitor and you see someone else doing well their success and work ethic become contagious.

Me and Bing first met in Middle School. I remember the days when we would both run the 100m Dash and Bing would be nearly done the race and he'd be cheering me on (lol, while he was still running) knowing that he had his place solidified. We did damage that year as teammates on the 4x100m relay team and we would cross paths a few more times due to our athletic ability.

Over the years I have been asked "Who's better at Football, You or Brandon Bing," my reply would be I think I'm more natural, but the boy is so fast that in the end he can make up for our sparing difference in natural ability. If you look at our high school careers people may have easily looked to crown me the victor, but I was just in a better situation over at CHA so that would be an unfair judgment of our talent. You'll notice that to this day I have never given anyone a definite answer but I keep telling myself that speed kills and that I was the more natural one. This upcoming season we are both on pace to be the starters at the corner back position at our respective institutions "Rutgers and Cornell" ...

Bing has taught me the difference between being "Confident and believing in yourself" versus being "A Cocky Ass Hole that everyone thinks smells themselves a little too much!" Although a lot of people are under the impression that we both may fit the latter stereotype I've been humbled through the interactions I have had with Bing over the years and truly understand his swag and how he carries himself and it has helped me develop and better understand who I am.

I no longer live my life worrying about others opinions of ME. I stick to what I know, either you like me for who I am or you don't. I'm a little stubborn, but I'll admit if if I make a mistake, then apologize on my own terms. After that I'll will move on, lastly I'm not one to dwell on the past. The way I treat people is pretty simple, "I Care!" and I've learned that one interesting way to figure out if people truly care about you is whether or not you can annoy them because that means they honestly care ... Otherwise, why would they waste their time? So don't take it personal when I piss you off I might just be doing it intentionally, but that another topic for a different day ...

Bing has helped me as an Athlete, a Person, and as a Friend ...

Till Next Time I'm Out Shad Shaddy # 2

Stay Tuned for # 9

2 comments: